1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL's top 100 players... according to CBS Sports...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, May 17, 2012.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Tony Romo is an excellent quarterback, statistically. It isn't even a debate. People just love to hate on him, too.

2. Excellent might be an overstatement.

I am ambivalent towards Romo and the Cowboys, but I think it's a strech to label him "excellent."

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd love to see NFL GMs polled on Cutler vs. Romo. It would almost certainly be hugely in Cutler's favor.

4. Herbert Anchovy

The guy is ranked No. 2 all time in passing efficiency. (The old formula, not ESPN's crap.) Pish-posh that metric all you want, but he stands No. 2 in over 90 years of league history. He's also No. 4 career in yards per attempt, a good gauge for a quarterback.

I dislike the Cowboys as much as anyone, but people like to shit on Romo, and that is easy to see.

This corpus is rock solid.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RomoTo00.htm

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

+1

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I agree that Romo gets way more blame than he should, but as quarterback of "America's Team," if the Cowboys -- whether his fault or not -- continue to underachieve, he's never going to get out from under that cloud. At some point, those numbers are going to have to start translating to wins. As for Cutler, he's been working magic at times the last couple seasons, and although he doesn't have gaudy numbers, the Bears are 18-9 with him the last two regular seasons. Asshole or not, he's getting it done better than Romo.

7. Herbert Anchovy

They hate him because he's successful and handsome, but most of all because he has a star on the helmet.

Mystifying as he is by most accounts a very decent guy. He didn't electrocute a dog.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Tony Romo: Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

And are you saying Jay Cutler is not handsome? Because I beg to differ. Wait, what?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Just based on how good the Bears were with Cutler last season compared to how bad they were without him should have made him a no-brainer to make the top 100.

10. Herbert Anchovy

I don't think Cutler is as handsome as Romo.

And I can't believe two married dudes are having this conversation.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Indeed. Does anybody not named Peyton have a higher "team performance with vs. without" differential than the Cutler Bears? Pretty egregious snub to leave him out of a Top 100 list. IMO, both he and Romo belong on the list. But Cutler more so.

12. Herbert Anchovy

D'Qwell Jackson made a Top 100 list.

Draft saved Draft deleted