1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL's off-field behavior policy not yet sinking in

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jun 25, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Miami Beach police say they were called to the street outside the Cameo nightclub early Saturday morning after David apparently had a dispute with a cab driver.

Investigators claim Evans, who signed with the dolphins in 2006 and started in a single game for the team, forced his way into a taxi outside the club and refused to get out when asked to leave.

Police say they were forced to Taser Evans after he got into a scuffle with police who tried to force him to leave. One officer was bitten on the wrist and another officer suffered scrapes on her left knee.

According to the arrest report, police twice used a Taser gun on Evans in attempts to subdue the 6’4” 305-pound player.

Evans was charged with multiple counts of battery on a law enforcement officer and resisting with violence, along with single counts of disorderly intoxication and trespassing.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Looks like he got the ass-end of the altercation.

3. The Bears just cut Tank Johnson. Apparently his recent arrest was the last straw.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Good.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Excuse me as I stand up and applaud my fanboy team for not taking any shit. Now there is extra money to give Lance Briggs to resign.

Didn't expect the Bears to clip him like that.

6. chazp

chazp Active Member

A very good move. He would have been a distraction all year. They'll find a tackle elsewhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted