1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL's 10 biggest jerks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There's a difference between not being media-friendly and being a jerk.

Cutler is not media friendly. I don't know if he's a jerk.

Calling the Saints jerks collectively is a bit much... Sean Payton? Sure... Drew Brees? Probably not...

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I thought Brandon Marshall turned over a new leaf, even with the media. He was writing about depression for one of the Chicago papers.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Has winning two Super Bowls turned Coughlin warm and fuzzy?

I would not find it hard to believe that he has improved from his days in Jax where he struck me as being a complete dick and Lord knows he didn't make many friends during his first few seasons in NY.

No. 1 good guy in the NFL?

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If you had been genius enough to make someone you were not paying turn this -- and other strokes of genius -- into a slideshow five years ago, you could be sitting on $200 million right now.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

YAWN!

Stuff like this makes me ask "do I really want to know?" I think I enjoyed the games more when my mind wasn't flooded with thoughts of what jerks some of the players are.

Truth be told, I really don't want to know if you fathered a dozen kids out of wedlock, slapped your lover, shot up on drugs, blew a DWI last month, or whatever. Just go play the game, because outside of the game, you're just another homie from the 'hood.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I often think of Ben Roethlisberger as a homie from the 'hood.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Matt Jones, homie from the hood.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Roger Goodell, the Ginger Hammer, is nowhere on the list?

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Tom Brady is from the mean streets of San Mateo.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

As bad as the "busy" season in sportswriting is with their fake arguments, grand declarative statements (on condition that athlete in question wins or loses that night's game) etc. This next month is going to be brutal.
    I half expect to see Woody Paige and Skip Bayless debate which "Make A Wish" kid had the sadder story.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I don't even watch the ESPN talking heads. Pointless waste of time. Once in a while, I'll catch Pardon the Interruption, but even that isn't required viewing anymore.

Some of us are old enough to remember the founding days of ESPN, when they would show tennis and car racing and CFL football and other odds and ends from around the world to fill daytime hours instead of three guys sitting around a desk debating whether LeBron James is a hero or a jerk. Guess that's what passes for programming these days.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

http://www.mytopdozen.com/Worst_Childhood_Diseases.html

Draft saved Draft deleted