1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wk 10 Thread: Slash can punt/pass/run/receive/be subject of Internet rumors

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 9, 2010.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I'd argue that if you know your team isn't going anywhere and your QB is at least part of the reason why, that's not adequate.

Bradford is the best QB in the NFC West right now, and he's not established or consistent enough yet to be considered good.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Part of it is b/c either one of us would be an upgrade at RB for the Broncos, but Orton is on pace to break Marino's yardage record. Not a HOFer by any stretch, but he's definitely one of the guys in the upper echelon. I'd take him in a heartbeat over Matt Schaub, who plays just well enough to break your heart.

As for Creosete's list, I'd make a couple adjustments. Sure-fire HOFers are accurate, McNabb will never sniff a HOF debate and it's way too early for Rodgers to be even in the possible discussion. Eli Manning is on the NFC's best team (hard to comprehend, how awful they were in Sept) and a second Super Bowl win at 30 (think he turns 30 just after New Years) puts him on the HOF fast track. Roethlisraper, Ryan and Orton are at the top of that Pro Bowl echelon. Henne and Sanchez--bleech. Henne at least is playing for a mediocre team so the Dolphins won't invest in him long-term, but Sanchez is going to play for a team that wins 10 or 11 games in spite of him for the next few years so he'll be in NY for a while. But I've seen nothing out of Sanchez to indicate he's a guy I want leading a team back from a fourth quarter deficit.

And I was thinking of this yesterday: How about Favre in Arizona next year? Gets to take his dong to another time zone and the Cardinals won't find anyone better on the FA market.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

McNabb is not a Hall of Famer, and right now he absolutely sucks. There should be a rule that if you get benched — for any reason — for Rex Grossman, you're automatically denied entry into the HOF.

Rodgers is a damn good QB, but Rivers continues to prove he's the heir apparent to the Mannings and Bradys and Breeses. The guy leads the league in TD passes and yardage (and I believe he's still on pace to set the single-season record) despite having no WR worth a shit on his team. The only good one's been holding out all season. Yes, he has Gates, but last week, Gates was out and he threw four TDs, two each to a backup TE and a WR with a last name the guy's own mother can't spell. Rivers is the best QB in the league right now. And it's not even close.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

The best QB in the NFL is Vince Young. YOUR RACIST!!!!

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This guy just sneers in your general direction.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

He's better than Manning.

7. outofplace

You're a Bears fan. What do you know about good quarterback play?

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I saw "pass" and "punt" in your thread title and assumed you were talking about this guy. I just can't stop looking at it.

[​IMG]

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

might be the first and last time I get a chance to do this, well played OOP, well played.

10. outofplace

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApndMVru_lnFQdZT06mjgdw5nYcB?slug=ap-steelers-injuries

Should be interesting to see how the Steelers juggle all these broken parts. Guard Chris Kemoeatu, who has a knee problem, is the most important one. He is a tremendous run blocker. Doug Legursky missed badly on a huge block in his place late in the game last night.

Should be an interesting storyline to watch given that Patriots at Steelers is probably the best game on the schedule for the week.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Andy Reid as an infant:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Well played, that's incredibly fucking lame, even by his standards.

Anyhoo, if you think Manning is better than Rivers this year, tell me why.

Draft saved Draft deleted