1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild Card weekend (and Black Monday) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 4, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It was the most pivotal play in the game, so yeah, I focused on that one. I was pointing out how one call could have easily tipped that game in the Steelers' favor. I could have also pointed out that Jackson's technique involved grabbing the receiver before the ball arrived and hoping the officials didn't throw a flag on just about every pass thrown in his direction, including the touchdown to Claypool.

All gambles are stupid? Um, okay.

2. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

you’re also assuming things are linear. They’re not.

If it’s not stupid, it’s not really a gamble.

3. outofplace

Either your definition of stupid is different from mine or your definition of gamble is different from mine. Perhaps both.

I'm not assuming anything. I didn't write that the Steelers definitely would have won if the officials had wiped out that interception with a roughing the passer penalty, which is what should have happened. I wrote that it could have tipped things in the Steelers' favor. Many other plays could have done it as well. Heck, Rudolph could have made a better throw on the two-point conversion. The officials could have called pass interference on that play. The Steelers could have recovered that on-side kick at the end, which was damn close to happening. Resting Chubb with the entire season on the line was stupid. If that's really what Stefanski was doing, he was lucky to get away with a stupid decision.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

There’s nothing like a good passive aggressive whine from OOP.

5. outofplace

I was interrupted when I was responding to this. Thank you for the sentiments regarding my daughter's college admission, and my sympathies regarding your grandmother. Of course, I couldn't have known, but I imagine it sucked to hear that day brought up in that way, regardless.

6. outofplace

Yet again, that constant mad-on really does make you post some stupid shit.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Are you or are you not whining?

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Is yinz is or is yinz ain’t a jagoff?

9. outofplace

Currently, I'm criticizing Junkie's interpretation of Stefanski's strategy this past Sunday, which was to limit Chubb's carries in a game that determined whether or not the Browns got into the playoffs. No, that is not whining. It is a discussion of football strategy. I personally don't mind Stefanski making that choice. I hope the Browns do it again Sunday night. :)

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I don't know what your daughter's second choice is, but I'm gonna guess that's a pretty great achievement these days, when kids apply to far more schools than their parents did.

12. outofplace

She got into her second choice last week. Funny thing is, she still might change her mind. I'm rooting for No. 1 because it is a lot closer, but still far enough away to allow her the opportunity to be on her own.

Draft saved Draft deleted