1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild Card weekend (and Black Monday) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Batman likes this.
  2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

The Steelers have lost plenty of playoff games at home, but I can't remember the last time they looked this pathetic. Brady/Belichick lit them up in 2005 AFC Championship Game in the first half, but I think that game was at least watchable in the second half.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

So, does Cleveland rock or are the Steelers getting rocked?

4. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Only 35? You’re confident.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Browns have a very good offense. I expected Chubb to have a big day. I thought Mayfield could hit some big throws.

I did not expect the Steelers to play this horribly. The gift touchdown on the first drive hurt, but it was Roethlisberger who buried his own team tonight. The defense seemed to just quit.

Now that I think of it, this looks like the Steelers that lost to the Bengals a month ago. The difference is the Browns have a competent quarterback and a great running back to turn it into a blowout.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I’d say what this looks like but wrong thread.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Maybe ... but no one saw this coming. Not even the most optimistic Browns fan, or the most pessimistic Steelers fan.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

It's not as if CLE is a complete fluke. They did win 11 games. Get a fast start, capitlize on a mistake, away you go. When I was in college we got a 92-yard pick six, some momentum, and beat 9th-ranked Florida State. The year before we beat LSU 48-7.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've been telling people all week the Browns had a good chance to win this game. I didn't expect this, but I did expect the Browns to put up points. The question was if Roethlisberger would play like he did most of the last month, or the way he did in that half against the Colts. The shitty version showed up, so this isn't even a competitive game.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Browns set an NFL playoff record for first-quarter scoring. The Raiders had 28 in a playoff game in the 1969 season if you want to count the AFL days.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So many batted balls. Who is qbing Pittsburgh, Dough Flutie?

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It'll be funny if the Browns don't score again tonight then get shut out next week.

Draft saved Draft deleted