1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild Card Thread: Cowboys? Check. Jets? Check. Steelers .... Steelers ....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

That Brandon Marshall game was great, but overrated. Marshall only had one catch while the Colts went up 21-0, he only had, I believe, one catch of more than 20 yards, and the bulk of his work was between five and 10 yards. In other words, a lot of catches against a cover-2 defense playing softly not to give up the big play.

The Colts' big problem with receiver matchups is San Diego, because the Chargers have tall, tall receivers who can get into one-on-one coverage deep. Watching the Colts' little corners against them is like watching my 7-year-old try to defend me.

2. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I was just being difficult.

The Chargers over the Patriots...even with everything stacked in the favor of San Diego I'd still have to see that one to believe it.

Again, I don't see the Patriots escaping the Ravens. The Ravens are balanced enough on offense to keep the Pats off the field.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't remember the weather being bad when the Colts beat the Ravens, 17-15, on Flacco's late interception. Manning should be able to tear the Ravens apart, but the Colts are very cold and that would be after another week off. If Flacco manages to play worth a damn, the Ravens could jump on the Colts early and make a game of it.

The Bengals' passing game really isn't that scary any more. They miss the deep threat of Henry. Palmer is averaging only 6.6 yards per attempt. All of that is in a division with three lousy pass defenses.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I feel this could be Ray Rice's coming out party. I could see the Ravens relying on him and getting to the AFC Championship game. While McGahee had the big game yesterday, Rice has been phenomenal all season.

5. outofplace

I could see that happening as well. The way Flacco has regressed this year, I'm assuming the Ravens will try to pound every opponent into submission with Rice and McGahee.

6. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I thought the Baltimore-Indy game was pretty windy. Maybe I'm mistaken.

7. outofplace

I honestly don't know, either. I only remember seeing highlights and it wasn't raining or snowing.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Does McNabb need another Super Bowl appearance to validate his HOF admission, a SB win?

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I've always been a big McNabb fan but I don't think he's as close to the Hall of Fame as you make it sound.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Arizona -2.5

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

No wind. The major factors were Colts' turnovers (two Manning INTs and Tom Santi's fumble on that vicious hit near the end zone), and the Ravens' inability to turn them into TDs (Cundiff was five for six on field goals).

12. outofplace

That makes me think even more that facing the Ravens again could be a trap game for the Colts, especially after three weeks with their collective foot off the gas. If it happens, that would be a tough one to watch. Can't stand the Ravens, but I'd love to see the Colts' decision to pack it in early the final two weeks of the season come back to bite them in the ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted