1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild Card Thread: Cowboys? Check. Jets? Check. Steelers .... Steelers ....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I honestly see the Jets beating the Bengals again this coming Saturday.

I don't think the Bengals can effectively stop their running game, and the Jets defense can do enough to keep the Bengals offense under control.

2. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

The Bengals have not been playing well the last couple of weeks and I don't see them scoring many points against the Jets. I think the game will be a snoozefest, probably the worst of the wildcard round, but I see the score being about 13-7 Jets.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Re: NFL Wild Card Thread: Cowboys? Check. Jets? Check. Steelers .... Steelers ..

Me, too. But I think they're fucked anyway. Stephen Hawking's legs have more momentum than Indy right now.

4. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I agree. It's not as if they're coming into the playoffs, guns blazing. I personally don't think they match up well against the Jets.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

True, but I can't think of a playoffs where so many teams came in so hobbling.

San Diego is the only team you could say is on fucking fire. Dallas is the hot team in the NFC, but it's still Dallas. I'm not sure that end-of-season momentum is going to be much of an issue in these playoffs.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Patriots, Bengals, Cowboys, Cardinals.

The Eagles had everything to play for this week in Dallas and got smoked. I don't see that changing.

Bengals will take advantage of the switch in location and a costly Sanchez error to get by Jets, just barely.

Packers/Cardinals game is the biggest toss-up for me. Pack seems like the better team and is playing very well right now; just think the Cardinals are schizophrenic enough to realize it's the postseason now and turn on a performance similar to last year.

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Well root for NE in the first round, since they would go to San Diego in Divisions.

Given Indy's problem covering receivers, I'd rather face Baltimore than Cincinnati.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Indy will have no problem beating the Jets in the second round.

9. nafselon

Unless they play the Ravens. In which case beating the Jets in the second round would prove to be quite challenging.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be that worried about the Bengals' passing game and Baltimore did take Indy to the wire this season. I do think the Bengals' defense matches up better with the Colts' offense because they have such strong corners, which is a major weak spot for the Ravens.

11. nafselon

I would definitely be worried about the Cincy receivers. If Brandon Marshall can catch 20+ against Indy, Ochocinco is probably good for 10 with Coles and Caldwell testing the depth of the Indy secondary.

Baltimore doesn't matchup as well against Indy on the road for the reasons you mentioned. With no natural elements to disturb Manning's passing rhythm they would be in trouble.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Duh!
    My point is Pats and Jets win this weekend. Pats go to San Diego, Jets go to Indy.
    Chargers beat Colts in AFC final.

Draft saved Draft deleted