1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week14 Thread:The Bears are what I thought they were. Where is Brian Griese

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ilmago, Dec 7, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You're right. Should be a hell of a game on the 19th.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Not so fast, spel checque. Fun is not acceptable currency for such a wager. How about this: If the Bears win, I will stop posting on the NFL threads the rest of the regular season. But if the Pats win, you cease from starting any threads during that same time frame. Deal?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Man, talk about a win-win for the rest of the board. MAKE THAT DEAL!!!!! :D :D

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Let's pray for a tie

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ha, that made me laugh. Well-played.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I see what you did there.

7. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

That's not really fair. How about I can only start new threads involving articles...somewhat like I posted about the bullying of kids, and I'm not allowed to post topics sort of like "what's your favorite athlete"

How does that sound?

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Maybe you could do that anyway?

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Matt Cassel missed practice today with some kind of illness. Brodie Croyle ran with the first team, and Todd Haley made no indication how sick Cassel was or if he'll play Sunday at San Diego.

Few QBs have been as solid as Cassel this year, so if he can't go, I can't see the Chiefs winning in San Diego. Not to mention Croyle would get hurt on the first offensive series, maybe even in pregame.

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Hear it's appendicitis. Could be out a few weeks.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1582

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

This makes Oakland's take down of San Diego last week even huger.

As for a couple weeks, I don't know. All cases are different, of course, but I once saw a star HS basketball player help his team win the state tournament (3 games over 2 days), less than a week after an appendectomy. Of course, he had the kind where the incision was small and near the belly button.

EDIT: So it was the laproscopic variety. My guess is he'll play at St. Louis.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Had my appendix taken out 10 years ago. I was ordered no physical activity for a month. Of course, I gladly obeyed that, but I felt fine within a week.

Draft saved Draft deleted