1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week14 Thread:The Bears are what I thought they were. Where is Brian Griese

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ilmago, Dec 7, 2010.

1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Re: NFL Week14 Thread:The Bears are what I thought they were. Where is Brian Gr

Rams at Saints has the look of an ambush if the Saints are looking ahead to their final 3-game make-or-break stretch (at Baltimore, at Atlanta, host Tampa Bay).

N.O. can probably outscore anyone they play, but their defense has been a little leaky of late. This one bears some watching.

2. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Hey YFJSDLGZMS,

The Patriots are playing the best Football out of any team right now. I just decided this thread name because it seemed I was the only one who thought the Bears would make the Playoffs before the season started, and at this point and time they're looking really good. Oh , and because I wanted to catch your attention sweetheart.

But just for the fun of it, I'll take the Bears to win the game in Chicago this weekend.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

A few weeks back, somebody posted that not only was Philip Rivers the best quarterback in the NFL, it wasn't even close. (Sorry, I really do forget who it was.) I argued that although Rivers has been damn good before and he is having an amazing year, that statement was putting too much weight on half of a season.

I brought up Manning, who is now stinking it up, but it seems like Tom Brady is at least in the discussion again. He had a rough stretch right after the Moss trade, but he looks as good as ever right now. Rivers still has a big edge in yardage (3,642 to 3,029) and average yards per attempt (8.8 to 7.4), but Brady has the better touchdown-to-interception ratio (27/4 to Rivers' 24/10). He hasn't thrown an interception since the Ravens got him twice Oct. 17.

Brady also leads the league's top-scoring offense and he recently carved up two of the better defenses in the NFL, the Steelers and Jets. The Patriots have the best record in the AFC while Rivers' Chargers are in a fight just to make the playoffs despite having the league's top-ranked defense (yeah, it surprised me to see that, too.)

So, who is the NFL's best QB right now?

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

right now not Manning. maybe Brady, but Rivers is right up there. Brees also.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This is the fourth or fifth week I have typed this...

Tom Brady is the MVP.

6. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Can you make an argument for Michael Vick, or he's missed to much time in your opinion? I agree with you that Brady is MVP thus far, but I just want to know your thoughts on Vick regarding MVP.

7. 93Devil

Oh, he is very close. Brady is just playing out of his mind right now with a bunch of midgets for receivers.

Vick could overtake Brady in the next few weeks, but since the Cleveland game, Brady has been out of his mind good.

8. 93Devil

Oh, and Vick is ahead of Rivers, IMHO.

Rivers has thrown interceptions in eight different games so far.

Brady has thrown picks in only two games this year.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I would actually rate Brady's season so far as ahead of his 2007 season in this respect -- this year, he's played every game knowing the offense HAS to score points. Jets game aside, these Pats aren't built to win 17-10 games.

10. Tom Brady is the best QB playing right now, and it's not even close. And Peyton Manning is not No. 2, 3 or 4.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's funny. Until Halloween, Manning was having a season just as good as Brady's. Since then, he's had a season about as good as Derek Anderson's. This sort of sudden in-season slump almost never happens except because of some kind of injury. I'm looking for some kind of Manning surgery announcement following the season.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Don't overlook Aarron Rodgers.

Draft saved Draft deleted