1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week14 Thread:The Bears are what I thought they were. Where is Brian Griese

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ilmago, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Pretty basic issues for Indy. The Colts can't run the ball. The Colts can't stop the run. Unfortunately, for Colts fans (me), it's a recipe for a very disappointing season. No matter who's at QB...

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

For BYH ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Layman, that's what's most striking about the Colts. They are suffering the classic formula for complete collapse, inability to run or stop the run and their quarterback in a miserable slump of antiheroic dimensions. And yet they're still competitive. Their only blowout loss since September was the Charger game, a team which gives them insoluble matchup problems even in better times.
    In short, the Colts are screwed this season, but screwed or not, they have displayed considerable professional pride and guts. Theirs is an admirable failure, at least by me.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Too bad there isn't a Week 82 ... not yet anyway.

[​IMG]

5. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

I agree. They've lost a ton of bodies this season. Most of the focus is on the "skill" players who've gone down on the offensive side, but the losses on the D have been just as big. Would have been easy to just say "f*ck it", but they're still playing hard.....and can still win the division. Just feels like it's not "their year."

Here's the thing. I honestly can't figure out if the Sphinx (Caldwell) is a decent coach, or not.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And like anyone who's ever coached Peyton . . . you'll never know.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

true, like Seth said it was fucked from jump street. but maybe it's Shanhan taking some control and telling Snyder the plan can't just be too sign every big-name shitbag each offseason.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

BASTARD!!!!!!

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Hey, Illmangle, if you're as confident in the Bears as your back-patting would suggest, how about a little wager on the game's outcome? I take the Pats, you take the Bears. Straight up.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Clearly youre optimism was an abolition.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

We don't know whether Caldwell is a good coach, but Indy's o-line performance in the first year after his retirement should immediately qualify Howard Mudd for first-ballot Hall of Famer status.

Draft saved Draft deleted