1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week14 Thread:The Bears are what I thought they were. Where is Brian Griese

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ilmago, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

I wanted to start at least one of these threads this year. ;D

Lots of good games this week, starts off Thursday when the Colts and Manning try to rebound against the Titans.

The Bears will have a real tough test against arguably the best team in the NFL in the Patriots. Should be interesting to see if Cutler and the great Bears defense can get a victory.

[​IMG]

I was asked to put Brian Griese in the thread title.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Re: NFL Week 14 Thread: The Bears are what I thought they were, a good team"

Thursday has the potential to be a horrible game, due to the identity of the hosts. Prime question which will be answered is whether Colts still have a pulse, against an opponent they absolutely should beat.

3. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Manning is putting to much pressure on himself right now. He's shown that he's capable of getting the job done, but at the same time he's making some terrible decisions. A lot of blame could go to the injuries, and not having Joseph in the backfield is hurting them because he does so much. I believe the Colts will win big against the Titans.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Manning simply avoids throwing REALLY BAD interceptions, the Colts are 8-4 right now. If he does so Thursday, they win. But can a guy whose whole career has been built on doing everything accept error-avoidance as a guiding principle?

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Really? Then why didn't you use a player no. 14 in your title? Not like there's not a dozen great ones to choose from!

6. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

I added Brian Griese just for you my friend ;-D

7. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Now back to the topic in hand. The Eagles are facing the Cowboys this weekend in Dallas on Sunday night. Do you believe the Cowboys will be able to beat the Eagles this week, or Michael Vick will have his way with the defense?

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's the Cowboy offense that will determine that game's outcome. If they can run on Philly, Dallas will win.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

So, on what page will this thread trip and fall down the stairs?

Over their dog.

10. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

But the Cowboys secondary is simply awful, don't you believe Vick will be able to beat them often with the speed of some of his receivers?

The running game for the Cowboys has been much better since Garrett took over, he likes to use Jones in different situations which as helped the offense thus far.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'll drink to that!

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

It is, and I'm not sure who to blame for it. They spent a ton of high draft picks on it, picks that at the time were lauded by the experts, and then they all turned into mediocre players. I don't follow CFL closely, so I don't have any first hand opinions on the draft ahead of time, but they are either unlucky or the experts suck too.

Draft saved Draft deleted