1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week Four running thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Losing half their defense to injuries hasn't helped. But yes, letting Jones go and relying on Benson was beyond stupid.

2. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

I was watching a replay of the game here in Germany about an hour ago.
    The worst part for me, other than already knowing the final score, was that fat-headed Stewy Scott on at halftime.
    He proposed that "Rick James might have been thinking of Randy Moss" when he penned the song SuperFreak.
    First off, the song was maybe written before Moss was even born.
    Second off, shut the F.O. Stewy Scott.
    Then Berman talks yet again about the damn Ice Bowl and fronzen tundra.
    He even showed footage again.
    Those guys and several other talking heads on ESPN blow.
    Steve Levy is the best they've got. Nobody else comes to mind who is close to him in likeablility.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So Stu Scott thinks Moss is a slutty groupie wanting to have kinky sex with Rick James?

4. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

The old days of solid, non-egotistical talking ESPN heads like George Grande, Bob Ley, Tom Mees, Charley Steiner and Gayle Gardner are long gone.
    Berman even seemed bearable back then but it's just because I was young and naive.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

RIP Tom Mees.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I think Kenny Mayne and Scott Van Pelt are great.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Kenny Mayne is good, but gets annoying at times. Van Pelt is damn good and I think Steve Everett is good too. (can't remember if that's his name of not).

Draft saved Draft deleted