1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDJournalist, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Speaking of headcases, Rolando McClain namedrops Aaron Hernandez when discussing why he retired from the NFL:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9892094/rolando-mcclain-trying-get-life-together-tuscaloosa

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Because players never get in an argument. It's no secret that Dez isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but Sunday's deal was blown way out of proportion. I'd be frustrated too if my team blew a game like that one. Cowboys fans could only hope the other players care that much about winning.

It's the first I've seen him act like that in four seasons. If it becomes a pattern like T.O., flame away.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm sure the other players do care that much about winning. They just act like adults when doing so.

5. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Eh, I've just always thought that stuff gets blown way out of proportion. I don't think it has any negative impact on the Cowboys. These guys are constantly together for half a year, for years, they're going to yell at each other. When it gets caught on camera and you play for America's team, it becomes exaggerating into the biggest deal ever. Witten probably stopped thinking about it an hour later.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JackReacher

The point is, the audio doesn't support much at all, if anything.

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

It's pretty well established he's immature. I look at his upbringing and give him a little leeway. If he doesn't learn from it and continues to act this way moving forward, like I said, flame away.

8. JackReacher

He's been in the league 4 years.

Speaking of, he's in line for a new deal next year. That should be interesting.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

In today's who-gives-a-fuck update, Jerry Jones said that Deion Sanders would have been able to cover Calvin Johnson. Apparently, this passes for a controversy, because I've seen it as a headline at about five sports sites this morning already.

I can't wait to hear today what Calvin Johnson has to say about this incredibly incendiary declaration by the owner of a team he doesn't play for!

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Unless something changes this season (like if the outbursts become a theme, which they haven't been in four season), I'd have no issues giving him top 5 money at his position.

11. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Pretty much established? How? Because he refused to be hazed in rookie training camp?

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The unpaid $600,000 jewelry bill had something to do with it too.

Draft saved Draft deleted