1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDJournalist, Oct 29, 2013.

1. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

I don't think too many people believe they're as bad as their record. Just two weeks ago, the Falcons won a game convincingly. Once Roddy White comes back, too, they could very well make a run at a playoff berth.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Surprised there weren't more deals considering the amount of injuries this year and how many teams can write off the playoffs.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Part of the reason there is less movement is because teams don't want to forfeit the compensatory picks that they get when these guys leave via free agency.

It's not a huge deal, but it would be cool if they fixed this, so there was more movement before the deadline.

4. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I'm predicting Seattle looks fucking invincible this week. I haven't checked who they're playing yet.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

That and the reality is only the Vikings, Bucs and Jags are really out of the playoff hunt. Outside a couple teams, each conference has a whole bunch of mediocrity.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

7-1 baby!!!!!

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

No one is that optimistic.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Where's everyone rank Dez Bryant among current receivers? All things considered.

How many (and which) others would you take before Bryant?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's very good. Without his baggage, I'd put him behind only Johnson. But the baggage exists, so I think I'd be happier with a slightly less good receiver without it.

10. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Calvin Johnson, then Dez. I think his baggage stuff is greatly played up by national media. If he were on any other team, nobody would give a shit about the stuff he does. He hasn't actually done anything detrimental in a long, long time.

11. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

He's not better than a healthy Larry Fitzgerald.

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

My current top 5 in order: C Johnson, Fitzgerald, AJ Green, Bryant, V Jackson. If I go 10 deep I include Julio Jones, D Thomas, Marshall, Cruz and Welker.

Draft saved Draft deleted