1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDJournalist, Oct 29, 2013.

1. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

It's Week 9 in the NFL

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bengals-Dolphins is a pretty solid Thursday night game.

Case Keenum gets his first start on Sunday Night Football against the Colts. That won't end well.

Again, there's no great matchup, but a couple that have the potential to get interesting... Chargers-Redskins could be interesting. Raiders-Eagles could be interesting.

Bears-Packers would be a lot more interesting if Cutler was healthy.

Bucs at Seattle, I'm guessing that's everybody's suicide pool pick, unless you had the Seahawks in Week 1 over the Panthers...

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

With all the injuries to their D last week, and a short week to get the replacements up to speed, added to the fact that the Bengals D has been much better at home than on the road, I like the Dolphins outright on Thursday.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

A bold pick indeed.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I think Keenum will be fine. The extra week to prepare should help him and I don't think Indianapolis' defense is anything beyond average.

When I watched Keenum in his senior year at the University of Houston, I told a couple of people he could be a legitimate NFL quarterback in the right system. From a passing standpoint. Good arm and good accuracy. Was surprised he wasn't drafted. Whether he has all the intangibles to be an NFL quarterback, awfully early to say?

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Greatest OP ever.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The way the Steelers rush the passer, the Patriots are going to get very tired running up and down the field. Take the over.

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Interesting game in the Meadowlands, where Rob Ryan gets to game-plan against his bro.

Not sure what to make of the Jets. They've won a couple of games they had no business winning, but they've looked awful in a few others. Could be a trap game from the Saints, if they're not careful.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

rex May do enough to keep his job and doom the Jets

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Games will be played Thursday, Sunday and Monday. Take it to the bank.

11. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Panthers vs. Falcons in an interesting NFC South match-up.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What is interesting about the 2-5 Falcons?

Draft saved Draft deleted