1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I have the Colts as well.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

They're the undefeated defending champs playing at home, where they haven't lost in forever. If ever there was a week for the 'no respect' motivation card to be played, this was it. Of course, I don't think Dungy's the kind of person to whip up that kind of frenzy within his team. Hopefully, the players took care of it and will be looking to make a statement.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

As do I.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Wow. Leon Washington starts things the right way for the Jets -- his third kickoff return of the season.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

To interrupt the Indy vs. Pats love fest for a moment...

Vikings are hosting San Diego, Adrian Peterson vs. LT. (I'm too lazy to look up how to spell his name.)

Chalk up another loss for the Vikes (she types while wearing her favorite Vikings sweatshirt.)

Oh yeah. I'd love to see the Colts come out with a resounding win.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I know they have Thomas Jones, but how long until they start giving him more carries.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The TV I have here in my living room is on its very last legs. Seriously, I'm waiting for the day after Thanksgiving so I can go buy a new one and hoping, hard, that this one lasts until then. But if there was ever an afternoon where my TV would want to just blow out and die for good, this is it. The two games I get to pick from are, naturally, the Deadskins vs the Jets. So I click on over to CBS figuring there's a decent game to warm up everyone for the main event, and instead I get the Bengals and the Bills going at it. Wow.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

They just landed Jones, so it might be another year or two to see if he pans out. But Washington is their key guy on returns this year, while Justin Miller is out. My guess is Washington, if he's still with the Jets, takes over sometime next season.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The Chiefs just got a personal foul for looking at the great Brett Favre wrong. The Great One isn't to be touched. Peter King said so.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Is there any team in football more afraid of going for it on 4th-and-1 than the Cincinnati Bengals?

And, dd, just be glad your game ins't a Monday nighter.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Man.... welcome to this party.

The NFL has been calling ANY contact to the head as a PF for about 8 years now.

Now.... it should have been a hold on the play, negating that.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Well, in that case, I'm sure the Broncos deserved it.. since Mike Shanahan is satan and all. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted