1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm just the opposite, it would amuse me to see the Colts to drop 60-plus points on the Patriots.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I can understand that, but I just think it is funny that someone is running up the score in a professional sports league and a bunch of people are acting like it is a travesty. Those defenders are getting paid millions of dollars, if they have a problem with the Patriots ripping them a new asshole, then they should do something about it.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Passing, playing offense the same way, I can see that. But going for it on fourth down up 38-0 and 45-0? Tasteless.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If given the chance, does Belichick but his boot on Dungy's throat and push down? Or does he show respect to St. Tony of Indy?

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Belichick respects/fears the Colts too much to let up. If he can beat them 74-0, he will.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

That happened in '85 with the Bears; once the team got rolling, most of the games were over before they started. Of course, they hit a bump in the road playing away from home in a superhyped game against a talented QB in his prime. Maybe history repeats itself today.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It's the refrain we hear here a lot.

Of course you CAN do it. Doesn't mean it is sportsmanlike. You even know what the word means?

Again, I would give big cash money to see Brady's leg amputated while Belichick tries this crap. THEN, let's see how smug that asshole is in the presser.

Steve Young's take on the miserable prick was spot on.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I could go on watching that once a day for the rest of my life and it would still be funny.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

I had never seen that. Hilarious.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

"Why is that door open?"

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

How many of us think the Colts will win today? It's not like the Colts have sucked this year. In fact, they too are better than they were last year. The Pats are juggernauts, yes, but I'm taking the Colts in a close one today since all the talk has been about how great the Pats are. They're gonna fuck up the story lines.

Draft saved Draft deleted