1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

All that needs to happen is for New England to play a team that isn't afraid of hitting someone in the mouth. Hell, I think the Steelers have a shot against them, too.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Honestly, it would take a perfect game. A perfect game, at home, with snow.

They almost played a perfect game in Indy a couple years ago, and still could have/should have lost.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

This is the first team of three (Pittsburgh and the Giants are the others) left on their sked who can generate significant pressure rushing four.

I'm rooting too hard for the Colts to predict this.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Believe it or not.... I think an injury to Welker in the slot mortalizes them, too.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's a shame that Owens never go to go against Andre Waters, Jack Tatum, Donnie Shell, Lester Hayes or any other DBs who hit, HARD.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Chuck Cecil, Scott Case.

Last real bell ringer I remember in the league was the Broncos incarnation of Kenoy Kennedy.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Welker's their third down receiver. They cannot afford to lose him.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Serious question here. Do you buy into the notion that some opponents have been too intimidated by New England's talent and lost some aggressiveness against the Patriots?

I don't see the Colts or Steelers having that problem. Just not sure either is going to hold up to that passing game.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

You know he does play against guys like Sean Taylor and Brian Dawkins twice a year these days. TO much like Randy Moss really haven't taken that BIG hit because they know how to duck them.

TO did take a huge hit during the Vikings game and he still made the catch, but it wasn't one of those DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN hits like Reggie Bush took last year in the playoffs.

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I think the fact that supposed industry professionals are contemplating injury as the only/best opportunity to defeat NE does a lot to validate its spot as the favorite in this game.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

That's because New England does not play Kansas City this year in the regular season.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Or, if God is a football fan, not in the postseason.

Goodness. That one might make Georgia Tech-Cumberland look competitive. Belichick hasn't forgotten Herm was the HC of the NYJ.

Draft saved Draft deleted