1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Nov 3, 2015.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Curt Gowdy and Al DeRogatis were doing the Steelers-Raiders game.

2. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Except on the West Coast.

BTExpress and Baron Scicluna like this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Tonight marks the anniversary of the birthplace of one of my alltime favorite soundbites

4. RubberSoul1979

49ers sitting Kaepernick in favor of a guy with a 5-22 career record as a starter.
    This after of course after hiring a d-line coach to replace the guy who responsible for their only three playoff berths of the last 13 seasons (11 NFC teams have more in that span).

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

No one cares about an easily trimmable special teams transaction.

JC likes this.
  7. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

It's "Murder, She Wrote."

The comma is so important, Summerall pronounced it.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And you had the option to ignore my post. Yet you chose to be you.

For me, and other Steelers fans, it is a positive story that the team finally dumped Archer. I thought some folks here might enjoy the idea of Mike Tomlin coaching Jacoby Jones given the fascination they hold with one interaction they had on the Steelers' sideline a while back.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I actually hated hearing that growing up.

It meant the weekend was over, and it was time to do homework before school Monday morning. Sigh.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I didn't hate school, but Sunday nights were still the worst. The only good thing about them was listening to American Top 40, followed by the Doctor Demento Show.

RubberSoul1979 likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I still remember one time, Summerall announced, "At halftime, there will be a special concert featuring Bare ... Naked ... Ladies."

Just his voice intonation, plus what he said, made me crack up hysterically.

RubberSoul1979 likes this.
  12. RubberSoul1979

In the summer of 2004, ESPN called Summerall out of retirement to call preseason games alongside Paul Maguire and Joe Theismann. It coincided with another promotion, "SportsCenter Old School," where each night featured a different SportsCenter alum -- Greg Gumbel, George Grande, Gayle Gardner -- doing highlights. Summerall teased to it as only he could.

"Tonight, it's SportsCenter Old Ssschool," he said, with the emphasis on the "SCHOOL." Just awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted