1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Nov 3, 2015.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

They could win the division with a 7-9 and win a home game like the Seahawks or Saints did a few years ago, think it was the Seahawks.

2. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

It was the Seahawks. But they actually had some skill.

3. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, Redskins have owned the Patriots, winning two-thirds of the matchups in history.

(It's worth nothing.)

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Wouldn't have thought Pats had won that many and pretty sure they will add another W to that.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Steelers-Raiders and Rams-Vikings in meaningful matchups--have I been transported back to the 70s? I may have to watch this Sunday's action in a leisure suit.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The business of the NFL is good.

Even with a proposed merger with SABMiller, they got a big, long term deal with Anheuser-Busch InBev, at a 15% increase over the previous deal:

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Patriots are -1800 on the moneyline against the Redskins. Anyone laying a few mortgage payments on that? If so, you'll win enough to take your wife out to a nice dinner. Maybe!

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's still a value bet. One thing the Belichick era Pats have almost never done is lose in a true regular season upset -- unless they're playing in Miami.

9. JackReacher

Then, by all means.....

10. JackReacher

I'd like to see the number of ML bets on the Patriots in Vegas this week. Just the ones where people lay the full $1800 to win $100, though. I'd assume a few dipshits who are laying just the $1800 and a few high rollers (maybe) who are laying 10 times that.

There is absolutely no reason to bet the Pats on the ML.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A 5.5% ROI in three hours isn't bad. And there are more bridge jumpers in the gambling world than logic suggests.

12. JackReacher

Good luck then, Mike. Let us know how much you end up winning!

Draft saved Draft deleted