1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 thread: For God's sake take a knee, Pisarcik

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Nov 2, 2010.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Sorry if I jumped the gun, but I just wanted to get that thread name in there.

And yes, I realize the Giants' offensive coordinator is the one who made the idiotic play call.

Anyway, let's get it started: Can Tampa Bay keep up their good fortune against the Falcons, and who would have thought two months ago that this week's Raiders-Chiefs would be such a solid matchup. Cue the clip of Davidson spearing Dawson.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fantastic subject head.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Here's a thought: What if Pisarchik did take a knee?

Giants win the game. They finish 7-9 instead of 6-10. The fans don't revolt against the Mara split-ownership. Rozelle doesn't step in and make the Maras hire George Young. Without Young, Giants don't draft Simms and perhaps LT. Giants end up having another lost decade.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Cowboys will lose on Sunday.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If he takes a knee, Herm Edwards remains an anonymous player, doesn't get into coaching...

you play to win the game take a knee. VICTORY FORMATION

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

And then we never get a Coors Light commercial where Hermy says "Hello, you play to win the game!"

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Here's hoping KC's recent dominance over the Raiders in Oakland continues.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Is Raheem Morris still a shitty coach?

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The NFL is a better place when the Chiefs and Raiders are both good. That rivalry ahs been lost the last decade or more.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

All of those AFC West rivalries are pretty heated but yeah, the Chiefs-Raiders may be the most bitter in the pro ball.

The dad of a kid I grew up with HATED the Raiders with a passion I can't begin to describe. We were playing pool over at his house one weekend and we hear his dad yell "KILL HIM" from the family room.

"Chiefs playing the Raiders today?" I ask.

"Nope. Broncos. If you hear 'Break his fucking leg!' - that would be the Raiders."

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The Chiefs have always felt it, more. Be curious to see how Sunday plays out.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Anymore, the Broncos and Raiders are 1 and 1A in terms of heated divisional rivalries. Both escalated in the Schottenheimer days for two reasons. One was Elway, of course. But both Schottenheimer and Carl Peterson had a special distaste for Al Davis.

I forget what year it was, 94 or 95 I think, where the Chiefs played the Raiders real early. Definitely in September. Maybe a season/home opener. Game went to OT, Raiders were driving with Jeff Hostetler, when James Hasty picked off a pass and returned it for the score. One of the more memorable experiences I've had at Arrowhead.

EDIT: It was Week 3 of 1995.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1007158/index.htm

Draft saved Draft deleted