1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9: Shane Matthews coaches at Tebow High

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 30, 2012.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think they can win one with him, but I don't think he is good enough for them to go on a 2-3-4 title run.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I was joking. I like Tebow; I'm just more careful about admitting it.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So now the standard is that you have to move on if you can't predict multiple Super Bowl championships from a guy?

Fuck.

The Colts won one championship with Peyton Manning. The Saints won one with Drew Brees.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you are lucky enough to have a defense that good, you don't want to settle for one.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yet that's what happened to the Bucs, Ravens and Bears.

6. Mizzougrad96

I will have no problem if the Niners are "only able to win one title" with this defense.

Please let that become something we can all complain about. :D

7. LongTimeListener

What Devil is saying is this: There are 11 quarterbacks in the history of football who have won two Super Bowl rings. If you aren't sure that you have the 12th, you should find another quarterback post-haste.

That makes sense. Shouldn't be difficult to find that guy.

8. Mizzougrad96

There was a reason why the Niners pursued Peyton Manning during the off-season. But when they lost out to the Broncos, they were smart to stick with Smith than to go out and try to find a better option, because there probably wasn't one out there...

9. LongTimeListener

Agreed.

I also think that if Smith gets hurt or Harbaugh doesn't think he measures up, Colin Kaepernick will burst on the scene better than anyone could expect. I think that's a big reason Harbaugh decided to stand pat, in fact.

10. Mizzougrad96

I think if the Niners don't win it all this season, they might explore other QB options during the off-season, but since the elite guys rarely become available, Smith might be the best they can get unless they draft someone.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The Ravens aside, great defenses don't have a long shelf life.

12. Mizzougrad96

Right. The Niners did an amazing job getting this group back intact, but they have quite a few guys who will likely be gone before next season.

Draft saved Draft deleted