1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He's made more than one play. He converted a fourth down only to see Wilson fumble it away at the 5. He drove them down the field another time only to make a bad decision. And he drove them down the field again, only to see Reed miss the 40-yard attempt. And this isn't against the Raiders defense, the Broncos aren't a bad group.

With Roethlisberger, given the wreck, the surgery and the helmet-to-helmet hit, he's not going to come back all at once. He's going to have highs and lows, but he's playing better today.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Five freaking starts and he's the biggest bust since Sam Bowie? Even by your standards, and the knee jerk standards of the board, that's unmitigated stupidity.

But hey, he didn't out play your boy Garrard from your Jaguars, so you must be right.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

There aren't a lot of playmakers on the Titans to help Young out. He was shit today but as an earlier poster stated, the Jaguars make a lot of good QB's look like shit. McNabb and Manning had subpar games against the Jaguars. Young will need time to develop but to call him a bust is absurd.

David Garrard is a beneficiary of the schedule. He beat a bunch of shitty teams last year and will benefit from another easy stretch in the schedule. He is average at best.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I still can't get over the Vince Young comment.

Eleven years ago, they did it right with Steve McNair: On the bench for the better part of two years. It's a joke that Young is starting, and Jeff Fisher probably knows it, yet as Fever points out, Young has been competitive with a terrible team until today.

Biggest draft bust in more than 20 years? Completely idiotic.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i need something to prop my eyelids open during this vikings-49ers game i'm watching.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Who beat?

7. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

The Browns couldn't run the ball against 11 giggling school girls.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

One of the worst games I've ever seen gets even worse with that inexplicable whistle that kills Nedney's 52-yarder.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Bears are not who I thought they were.

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I think it's foolish to go for 2 until the last half of the fourth quarter ... plenty of time left, and as Parcells can tell you, going for 2 early and not making it can cost you the game.

11. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I don't have Direct so I have no idea whether this statement is true or not, but:

49ers-Vikings is like watching sheep screw.

12. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Why the fuck is Gus Johnson laughing as LDT breaks off a TD?

I always hate the Johnson bashing for him being excitable, but jesus, that call was fucking terrible.

Draft saved Draft deleted