1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In fairness, Young is up against the same defense that made Donovan McNabb look awful last week. Since he's no McNabb, he's getting obliterated.

2. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

1) his arm isn't weak.
    1) young doesn't have a weak arm.
    2) he will likely have a lot of games like this. he really has no business starting this season.
    3) the jags d is good, if at times inconsistent.
    4) he's helped the titans to two wins this season, and put a scare into the colts. he has a long way to go, but he's a work in progress.

young deserves the same consideration that reggie bush and leinart get, because they also have been equally horrible this season.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that be Antonio Gates? Or Alge Crumpler?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If you think Vince Young has a strong arm, you probably think Tim Wakefield is a power pitcher. He short-arms everything, and leads the league in ground balls.
    Watch a game once in awhile.

5. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

sounds like an accuracy-mechanics issue, to me. i've watched a lot of young. rip him for his reads, his accuracy and his mechanics. arm strength is not a problem. but based on your previous obsvervations of being wowed by a fifth-year player, i guess i can't expect you to know what you're talking about.

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I don't have any details since I can't see the game here, but when is Chuckie Gruden going to get canned? The Bucs are striving for a new level of suckitude.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm far from being wowed by David Garrard. But in the same game as Vince Young, he's looking like Marino.
    Through three quarters, Young's QB rating is 9.7 (not a misprint). Garrard is 124.4.
    Vince Young sucks out loud. If he ever leads a team to the playoffs or makes all-pro, I'll gladly eat the words but this is looking like the worst draft pick since Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordan.

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

On a side note, how hard IS it to get into Heinz Field, anyways. All those heading to the North Side, leave your nail clippers and nerve gas at home.

I hope I haven't d_b'ed.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06309/735924-100.stm

9. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

. . . and would there be such a big deal made if their names had been Hamilton Wentworth III and Chad Jones?

10. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

or, while we're overreacting, is it reggie bush? so far against the bucs: 11 carries, minus-5 yards ...

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Why isn't Vick dominating the suckass Detroit Lions?

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Receivers dropping balls and bad pass protection.

Draft saved Draft deleted