1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 5, 2006.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Loved seeing Jeramy Stevens get hit with the UFC knee to the la bonza at the end, and Warren Sapp calling him a sissy afterward.
    Now Jeramy Headbutt is a guy who merits a chop block.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Don't forget the game he nearly threw away against the Vikings. Grossman's QB rating is 81.1, which puts him behind 16 other starting quarterbacks, including Mark Brunell and Chad Pennington. J.P. Losman is than a point behind Grossman.

Grossman's been OK, but with only 15 career starts, he will continue to alternate highs and lows this season.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It is hard to put on an offensive exhibition on MNF when Seneca Wallace and Maurice Morris are your two playmakers and Jeramy Stevens is dropping touchdown passes like it is the Super Bowl again.
    I thought the Seahawks defense provided excitement, but I guess you have to have scoring for a MNF game to be considered a success.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Methinks the steady downpour made it somewhat easier to drop passes and somewhat harder to execute the offense.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Seems to me the Giants-49ers game from 1990 (Niners 7-3) remains unforgettable despite a lack of scoring.

Big difference between a taut defensive battle and a battle of attrition between two terribly flawed teams that can't score.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The Seahawks are terribly flawed? How so?

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My opinion wasn't based on points, because the game I referenced last year was 42-0. It was based on whether it was a good game to watch. The Raiders, much like in its 27-0 MNF loss to open the season, made this painful to watch.

It's no fun to watch when you know one of the teams has no chance to win. None

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

OK, I can agree with that, it is just that in your original post you made it sound like the Seahawks suck on Monday nights. That is what I didn't agree with.
    And yes, last night's game was more of a: "Let's see how many sacks the Seahawks can get" or "How many points will they score" or whatever, it definitely wasn't "Will the Seahawks win," because that was set in stone.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Oh, no, sorry. Quite the opposite. Seahawks are too good on Monday nights, compared to the opponents they're matched with.

Why someone thought the Raiders might make for a good MNF game or two, we might never know.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Because Al Davis knows where the bodies are buried.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I should have said between a decent team and a terribly flawed team.

But how the Seahawks didn't win that game 100-0, I'll never know.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

[​IMG]

When not being sacked 8 times, Andrew Walter (right) enjoys following in Jim Plunkett's footsteps and serving in Aunty's Guard.

Draft saved Draft deleted