1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 5, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wheeeeeeeee!!! Two weeks in a row! [/looooooser]

I can't wait to see the Patriots dismantle Peyton and the Colts. If I bet, I'd bet a lot on the Pats and the over. It'll be a nice preview of things to come in the middle of the January, when Manning and Dungy figure out another way to fall short of the Super Bowl.

Will Joey Harrington's interception total exceed that of the number of pathetic members of the '72 Fish who show up on the sidelines at Soldier Field?

Does David Carr lose his job for good? Will Dick Vermeil cry out of habit when the Rams play the Chiefs? Is Tony Romo the real deal and who will be nudged closer to another retirement, Bill Parcells or Joe Gibbs? Will LaMont Jordan continue to slowly kill his fantasy owners by "pulling a back muscle" seconds before kickoff?

And VIVA LA VICKBALL!!!! Is this the week he accounts for every single yard of the Falcons' total offense?

All this and Phyllis George butt-naked on The NFL Today!!!

[​IMG]

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Vick's playing Detroit, obviouly single handedly,he will produce a 400 yards passing 3TD day and 125 yard rushing 2TD day. He has to, he Michael Vick.
    VIVA LA REVOLUTION

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm gonna miss the Bears game, so I'll catch it on the radio over the 'Net.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Tonight I get to decide which far-away radio station I'll pick to try to hear some of the Sunday night game since the ones around here feel the need to broadcast hockey.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

So he won't play defense until next week?

What a puss.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why aren't you watching it? Not home?

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Long story, but on some Sunday nights I get to spend part of the evening in the auto.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Vick is revolutionizing the game [sarcasm off]

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

What's a looser Vikings fangirl to do? The undefeated Bears are playing Miami. I have no love for Miami, but as a looser fangirl, I don't want the Bears to win. But those old foggies from '72 make me sick, so I'd hate to see Miami hand Chicago its first defeat of the season. And this is the only game showing in my market until the Vikes play later this afternoon.

Maybe I'll just pull for a tie. :-\

[/looser Vikings fangirl]

10. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

nfl.com says willis mcgahee got injured. anybody watching that one?

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

[​IMG]
    Then go and purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fire Joe Gibbs NOW!

Draft saved Draft deleted