1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 9: Brady vs. Rodgers with no damn question mark

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Oct 30, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Sessions turning into Pumpkins.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I live in a state with legal sports betting. Good times!
    My only regret in these situations is that I limit myself to betting $20 per game.

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I watch the Lions games at a bar which has NFL Sunday Ticket
    By far, the loudest are the Steelers fans

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Huh so the Saints do have a defense...

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Wilson is playing as hard as anyone in this league.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Saints receiver Michael Thomas scores a long TD pass, then goes under the padding on the goal post and pulls out a cell phone. Awesome.
    Even more awesome is that Buck and Aikman seemingly have no clue that that's a callback (so to speak) to Joe Horn.

Michael_ Gee and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Buck did call it a Joe Horn impersonation there at the end of the game.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

How does he still have an NFL job? Unbelievable.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Caught that. I'd also take a pretty safe guess some producer finally put it in his ear.

HanSenSE and Spartan Squad like this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Flacco failed to throw to uncovered receivers twice today. That said, I think the Ravens used Lamar Jackson at quarterback too much today. It can't help Flacco to be coming out or lining up at receiver and doing nothing so often.

The Steelers got some breaks, but they also managed to hold the Ravens to only 16 points. Most of Baltimore's offense today came on three huge pass interference penalties. Pittsburgh's defense, which had been a complete disaster early in the season, has actually been decent of late. The run defense isn't awful and they are generating pressure up front. It's not a great unit, but it might be good enough to compete with most teams as long as the offense keeps clicking.

James Conner passed another test with 107 yards rushing and 163 total yards after being a non-factor in the first meeting. The funny part is the play of the day may have come from a guy who hadn't played a meaningful snap in the NFL before this game. Backup quarterback Josh Dobbs came in on a second-and-20 deep in Pittsburgh territory, dropped into his own end zone and completed a 22-yard strike to JuJu Smith-Schuster for a first down. Pittsburgh ate up a huge chunk of time and added a field goal to extend the lead back to 10 points.

I still don't have much faith in the Steelers against the Chiefs or Patriots, but they really are fun to watch.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A team that's fun to watch means a team that scores a lot, ergo, a team with a puncher's chance. Note that "puncher's chance" has never meant "good chance" just "a chance."

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In a shock, the Pats get an egregious call in their favor at Foxboro.

Draft saved Draft deleted