1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8: Whatever happened to Vince Evans?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 25, 2011.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

New England-Pittsburgh is the marquee matchup, but what really matters is Tebow. The Broncos are at home against the Lions. Stafford's dinged up and Detroit seems to have taken a step back. It will be interesting to see how Tebow fares against the Lions' front four, especially Ndamukong Su, whose first name translates roughly to "dirtiest player in the NFL."

Otherwise, the Suck for Luck sweepstakes has the Colts at the Titans, Dolphins at the Giants and Rams hosting the Saints. I'd give the Colts the best chance to pick up a win.

The primetime schedule gets a little bettter this week. Cowboys at Eagles should be a good game Sunday night. Monday's Chargers at Chiefs game should be interesting. A fourth straight win would put the Chiefs in first place. A month ago, they looked Indy-like.

2. I think NE-Pittsburgh is marquee in name only.
    Brady is 6-1 or 7-1 against the Steelers. The offense just picks them apart. He crucified them the last time the Pats set foot in Three Rivers.

Of course, Big Ben was owned Baltimore until Week 1, so there is that ...

I think the Steelers lose in a shootout .. 42-28.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Its one of those infernal triangle relationships. The Pats always beat the Steelers, the Steelers always beat the Jets and the Jets give the Pats fits.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Even at 56 (I thought he was older), Vince Evans would be an upgrade on at least half the backups in the NFL (related: the Dolphins just signed J.P. Losman) and a handful of starters (related: Matt Moore still starts for the Dolphins).

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Dolphins would start Vince Evans if it would get them Andrew Luck.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

What if T.O. held a workout and nobody came?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7148676/no-nfl-teams-attend-terrell-owens-hyped-workout

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

The first comment under that T.O. ESPN story:

"This reminds me of the scenes in Napolean Dynomite when Uncle Rico records himself playing football by himself."

Awesome.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hell, the one time the Steelers blew the Patriots out with Brady playing was 2004, when the Patriots paid the beating right back in the AFC Championship in Heinz Field.

It's still a big game just because both are contenders, but nothing I've seen from the Steelers so far this season makes me think they can reverse that trend. Your prediction sounds about right. The Steelers should be able to score on the Patriots, but Brady will tear them apart like he always does.

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Funniest scenes in that movie.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Didn't the Jets beat the Steelers last year?

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Not when it mattered.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell - Jerry Rice and Rachel Nichols showed up.
    T.O. is in a bad spot - teams with a shot at the playoffs won't want the distraction, teams with nothing to lose might worry he gets them a few wins to keep them out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.
    He's burned most of his bridges. The funny thing is - I think he'd be a decent fit in Chicago, Cutler won't give a crap what TO thinks of him as long as he catches the damn ball.

Draft saved Draft deleted