1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Down 13-0, Fins kicked a field goal with a minute left in the third. 13-3

Bad move. It took them three quarters to get within spitting distance of the end zone twice (missed FG in the first series). They're not going to get two more shots. Not on this field.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Brooks Bollinger is a fucking stud. I almost bought his Jets jersey two years ago. I'm sure it's cheaper than ever now that he's with the Vikings, so I still might.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

This looser fangirl isn't holding her breath. Childress will find some reason to pull Bollinger out of the game yet.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Give the kid some substantial time, and I think he could be pretty decent. Far from an elite quarterback, but he wouldn't be at the bottom of the pile, either.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I agree. But I don't see Childress doing that any time soon.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

No way. Especially when you've got Kelly Holcomb there. Or something like that.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Patriots beat Dallas, who I guess have to be considered a good team.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Those 10 points would have been enough to win (that is, if the Lions had just scored 10). :D

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, do me a favor, Xan. Don't ever pick a Chicago team again. You're the SportsJournalists.com sports kiss of death.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Well, either that or Brian Griese's arm is the kiss of death.

11. ...I can't believe GOD is a Detroit Lions fan!

kneel and pay respect to Prophet Kitna...

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Terrible decision by Lewis. The Bengals were running it well and Carson Palmer doesn't miss much on short throws (like, say, Kyle Boller did to end the Ravens' chances last week against Buffalo). The Steelers' fanboy in me was VERY happy that the Bengals kicked there.

James Harrison made the play of the game, though, catching Kenny Watson from behind, forcing and then recovering a fumble deep in Pittsburgh territory. That play, some great ball-control offense and the bad choice by Lewis helped cover up a day when the Steelers' defense was shaky again.

Oh, and welcome back Hines Ward.

Draft saved Draft deleted