1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Oct 26, 2007.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

The Vince Vaughn thing ticked me off more than anything else. I wanted to know why the guy didn't get a personal foul for taking his helmet off, but instead they're plugging V.V.'s movie (some Disney product, no doubt).

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Nothing on ESPN can be as bad as SportsCenter's live bit between Stuart Scott and John Madden around five years ago.

Sometimes they even talked about Favre and Ray-Ray, too.

3. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

I also muted the Deanna Favre segment, and you all make good points. I guess I mistook everyone's gripes. I would have had no problem reliving Favre's Monday night moments, them talking him up ... if that was it. The childhood shit was ridiculous.

I would have loved to hear one of them ask her about the part where she details kicking him out right before he went to rehab.

Zeke, heckuva win. If I ditch the Mrs., want to meet me in Detroit for Thanksgiving? I've got two tickets. ... (I'm joking about the Mrs. thing. Maybe.)

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Howard Cossell was great for a number of reasons and only an asshole for one(his massive ego intruding on his greatness). Cossell's main genius on MNF was the perception that he was Telling it like it is. NO ONE on the World Wide Fellators comes close to candor, criticism or conscientiousness.

It's hard to remember if Kornheiser was ever anything besides a droll tool.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This puzzled me this morning...didn't stay up for the end of MNF, but wanted to see the winning score. Went to ESPN.com and punched up the "Sports Center Minute", but all it had was still photos and its postgame interview with Jennings. To see the actual play I had to go to NFL.com. Is ESPN.com not allowed to post plays from a game that was on its own TV network? Odd.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Anyone think the NFL is lacking because the most exciting, athletic and revolutionary player in the game, is not in the game?

7. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

No. I think it's because the two best teams are head and shoulders above everyone else.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Lawrence Taylor has retired.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Sure.

What I would have given for Brady to have broken his leg in the fourth quarter, though.

What I would have given to hear Belichick explain his having Brady in there then.

Assmunch.

I mean... does that mean that with 35 seconds on the clock, say, and no timeouts, up by 45, he's still throwing? There's no difference.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Co-sell

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Pete Gogolak has long since retired.

Draft saved Draft deleted