1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Alex Smith is terrible. Luckily, the Lions are worse. The guy is afraid to throw the ball past the line of scrimmage and Detroit has been letting him escape the pocket and run free.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Jim Bob Cootie offense a dramatic improvement.

3. Mr. Sunshine

It's fun to make fun of him -- I've been doing it already today -- but the problem is Stafford. He has regressed so much the past few years.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Could we have another head coach whose last game coached was in London?

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Are those supposed to be poppies on the lapels of the Fox broadcasters? If so, they not only look terrible but are 10 days early.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Lions need to nuke the franchise: trade everyone to any possible takers, suck up the salary cap hits and start over from ground zero.

And needless to say, fire everybody in the entire goddamn organization. Down to the fucking towel boys.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I require a trigger warning on all posts containing "London" and "last game coached" until UVA finally comes to its senses. Thanks much.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One or two down years is not a test of loyalty, so I'm not really interested in how Red Sox fans are acting now. They did show loyalty in the past.

Patriots fans are loyal as long as they are winning. We know that much from how much they are still crying about their team getting caught cheating (again) even though they got off without much of a punishment.

9. How the hell are the Lions 1-7. Yeah, I don't think they are good. But 1-7 bad? Stafford is better than servicable and he's throwing to Megatron.
    Caldwell is bad and he'll get canned. And then retreaded by another team next year, no question.

Not feeling it for the Steelers today. I think the Bengals are going to roll. Only way Cincy loses if is Dalton regresses and throws a couple of INTs,

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They are worn from November 1st and sometimes earlier.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Brees v Eli. Battle of HOF QBs.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Have you watched Stafford play lately? He's been less than good for a while now. And he keeps getting worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted