1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Oct 27, 2015.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Another game in London. Is this it? Thought there were supposed to be just 2? Did I miss something, hasn't it been just 1 a year until now?

edit- should've looked it up, 3 starting last season.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ryan Mallett pretty much came off as a douche during Hard Knocks. The best part is that O'Brien wanted to get rid of him Sunday and the GM wouldn't let him. That's not a dysfunctional organization at all.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

ESPN.com cited the reason being that they would have only had one QB on the roster for Sunday's game. Anything happens to Hoyer, and, well, Walter Payton and Ray Guy aren't walking through that door.

Sounds like O'Brien nearly let his anger get the best of him.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% convinced they wouldn't be better off with Watt at QB....

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

After the score got to 14-0 O'Brien should have put Mallett in and thrown long bombs for the end zone on every single play. About a 15-step drop.

Put him in on defense and special teams too. Every play.

6. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

I was reading somewhere, I believe it was SI.com, that the Packers were the most over-rated unbeaten team. I think they may be the most under-rated along with Carolina. I think they beat Denver on the road. Denver has had gravy train schedule and Peyton has not looked good. Going against a Packers team that has DBs with good hands and Clay Matthews rushing against an average line, I think Packers D creates turnovers and gets win in battle of unbeatens.

7. Does Miami have a chance?
    If Cameron Wake crushes Brady, maybe.
    More than likely Pats dissect Dolphins and bring them back to earth.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Dan Campbell's been enjoying the most overrated debut since Kenny "Trill" Hill's Heisman short-list performance against South Carolina in August, 2014; maybe the folks still employed at ESPN who have been riding his jock the past two weeks will finally realize the Dolphins are who we thought they were, and the Patriots are not the Texans and the Titans.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Man. Can't believe how bad the Patriots are now that the NFL has really clamped down on air pressure in footballs.
    Oh. Wait.
    7-0 bitches.
    Seven down, 12 to go.
    #KeepHating

justgladtobehere likes this.
  10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Also remember on Green Bay. The NFC North isn't that much better than the AFC South. The Packers don't need to win 11 or even 12 to win the North.

If Green Bay wins at Denver and at Carolina, I could see them easing off the gas to protect Rodgers and the receivers under all circumstances.

For the NFC, and I say this every year. The Rodgers' Packers are built like a dome team. Arizona and Carolina are the only two threats to get HFA. I could see the Packers going into either in January and winning by 14 or more.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Only saw parts of two episodes. Was he as much a douche as Cushing?

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted