1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8 thread: Oh Troy Aikman, where art thou?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A Cowboyless playoff, it appears.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Jon Kitna will lead the Cowboys to 10 consecutive victories, the NFC East title at 11-5, be named comeback player of the century ... then Romo will return for the playoffs and the Cowboys will go out in their first game.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Troy Aikman can go eff. Dude's impossible to listen to when he does Redskins games. What a donk. Someone send in LaVar again to finish him, please.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

There is a 10% chance this actually happens.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He should be banned from ever doing a game involving a NFC East team.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Simms is ten times the man Aikman is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. 93Devil

The Pittsburgh/NO game should be very good, and if the Steelers can pull it off, then five of their remaining nine are cupcake city (@Cincy, @Balt, @Buf, @Cle are the remaining road games).

NO needs the game badly, and how the Steeler defense looks without Aaron Smith will be very important.

One thing to watch for is no one has even tried to throw the ball deep on Pittsburgh this year. And nothing is even coming into the half of the field Polamalu is covering. He is just that good.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

As a Redskins fan, when the Bears got the ball back Sunday with about four minutes left, I didn't even sweat. You just knew Cutler was going to find a way to fuck that up. Predictably, he did.

10. @ Baltimore is cupcake city? Unless you are talking about Ace of Cakes, then I guess you are right. That all being said, The Steelers came to within 40 seconds of beating the Ravens with Charlie fricken Batch at QB, so I expect them to win, but I certainly wouldn't classify it as a cupcake game.

edit: n'mind, just reread it. I thought you were lumping Baltimore in with the cupcakes, which it appears you are not.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was confused about that before re-reading it, too, so it wasn't just you.

That game should be interesting. Roethlisberger should be able to take great advantage of the Ravens' shaky secondary, but I can see the Ravens being one of the teams to exploit the absense of Aaron Smith very well.

12. 93Devil

No @Balt is not a cupcake and neither is @Cincy, but it shows that the road schedule is not tough at all. All they need to do is hold serve at home.

Draft saved Draft deleted