1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8: Steve Young is calling

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Oct 22, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm figuring out my cough, cough fantasy team for this week (hi, spnited, hi Rick Reilly) and look at the news on JaMarcus. I'm going to start Warner since Romo is hurt but just want to see what the word on JaMarcus is for this week. I came across this tidbit:

3. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Cowboys ought to put their punter in at safety.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

On the game's initial drive, the New York Bretts composed a 10 play, 73 yard drive, topped off by an 18 yard Leon Washington touchdown reception. Kudos must go to the Kansas City Chiefs defense, which must be of the mind that touching and tackling have been banned.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have Detroit and the Skins on one channel.

This is a question for some people who know the lions much batter than I do.

Now that the Matt Millen tenure is over, how many decent keepable players do the Lions have? How many people on this roster are potential starters in three years. I'm not talking about starters on a shitty team. I am talking about starters on a solid playoff team.

Calvin Johnson is an obvious starting point. Who else is there?

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Two things: first, has there ever been a more lopsided qb matchup in the annals of football history than Tyler Thigpen vs. Brett Fav-ruh?

Second, the Chiefs wore out their MVP, punter Dustin Colquitt, in just six games. That takes a massive non-collection of offensive talent.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

What happened to Lynch? Why does some other dude have the 1st 5 carries for Buffalo?

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

The Chiefs o-line has given up a sack on each of its first two drives.
    Ingle Martin, you're on deck.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I know Tyler Thigpen is ummm... young, but he must be dislexic. Dude has twice playfaked to NO ONE IN PARTICULAR.

And the fightin' Bretts get picked on an awful pass. Time for another Thiggy 3-and-out.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Tyler Thigpen touchdown!

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If you haven't already picked up Donnie Avery in your fantasy football league, do so now.

Do not pick up Tyler Thigpen, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted