1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8: Cade McNown's parking spot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You can argue their schedule so far is tissue-paper soft, but I'm stunned that the Colts are 3-3, and only a defensive fuckup against Blaine Fucking Gabbert away from 4-2. This is a team that has only three takeaways, that has roster full of rookies and who-dats because so much cap space is eaten up by players who aren't there anymore, has no running game whatsoever, has no pass rush when Robert Mathis is out, and has a rookie QB who throws behind receivers a lot and has only completed 54 percent of his passes.

I don't know if this says more about the resolve of the Colts, or more about the state of the NFL.

2. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

He's already thrown 189 times. That's a lot of wear and tear on a young arm.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, lost in all the RGIII-mania is that Luck is doing an astounding job in his own right. And the Skins had a much better base, a borderline playoff team if they had any kind of decent QB play last year.

Colts in their two appearances have seemed particularly awful on the road. Not sure if that's just a blip, but Tennessee should be a winnable game.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If, by borderline playoff team with a decent QB, you mean a 6 or 7 win team that should show enough improvement to make you believe they can challenge for a playoff spot next year, then yeah. I agree.

But yeah. Luck has been very good.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No, I was talking about 2011. They were 5-11 with probably the worst QB play in the league, certainly close to it. Not far-fetched to think that with a decent QB last year they could have challenged the Cowboys and Giants for barely-above-.500 NFC East supremacy.

My point being RGIII has been amazing but he was walking into a more well-formed team. Luck walked into an all-around disaster that has instantly become competitive.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think resting him this week would be a great decision.

Hopefully Polamalu will be healthy because this might be the only time these two players would potentially face each other.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Weren't the Colts 3-13 in that first year with Manning?

I agree Luck is doing a great job with very little to work with... The Colts are probably pleased that Luck has been able to be a bit under the radar, which is almost impossible these days with a No. 1 pick.

8. JackReacher

Polamalu has already been ruled out.

9. JackReacher

Gotcha. Yeah. Last year's team had a defense that wasn't the worst defense on the planet. This year's team cannot claim that. This team is 5-2 with a decent defense and perhaps a certain wide receiver not losing his shit.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

colts were so bad last year even if they traded down 3 spots in the draft they would have had the #1 pick

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. Counting on him at all is just silly at this point.

I'm sure we'll hear a lot about Dick LeBeau confusing the young quarterback. Of course, that doesn't help if the Steelers can't catch the guy.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Plunkett-Manning didn't go too badly...

Draft saved Draft deleted