1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8: Cade McNown's parking spot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"Shitty" pretty much rules out McMahon.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I saw something about last night's ratings that said MNF and the debate -- and I mean, every single network's individual rating for the debate -- beat Game 7 of the NLCS.

But I don't care. I know which one I was watching. That's humorous, though.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Matthews seems perfect for this thread. And the last Bear game I saw was a McNown start with Curtis Enis in the backfield against the Lions (1999, if memory serves). McNown sucked so much that someone in our section thought they saw Matthews warming up which created by far the biggest ripple of excitement through our section of the game. Sadly the guy had just confused McNown's 8 for Matthews' 9, though and McNown played the rest of the game, a 21-14 loss in which he threw four picks but did have a nice rushing touchdown.

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

Wait, there was a baseball game last night?

I had no idea.

5. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

49ers don't play till Monday meaning they essentially had a bye week. As a 49er fan, I'm happy but the NFL should never schedule a team for a Thursday followed by a Monday. Just unfair as it serves as a second bye week. Even the players called it that.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm pissed as a fan because this is two weeks in a row that a Giants postseason game goes up directly against a 49ers division game.

There are worse problems in life. My kids are going to be pissed that both TVs are on sports.

7. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

I'll choose baseball any time. I think a lot of people probably couldn't decide among a one-sided NLCS game, dull MNF game and even duller debate. None were especially well-contested.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Packers had the same thing: Thursday vs. Bears followed by Monday night in the "Replacement Bowl" at Seattle that brought us back the real refs.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Same here. Watched the Giants send the Cards packing, recorded the debate and watched during commercials -- and later in the game as it was a rout.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I don't care if it's Game 7. Never will I ever watch a baseball game over a Niners game. I'll flip back and forth, or put the Giants on PIP, but even as a lifelong Giants fan, they're always running a distant second to the Niners.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Regarding a couple of YGFKM's questions.

Sure, the Cowboys can sweep the Giants, who continue to be inconsistent. Hell, the Redskins swept them last year.

I don't think the Steelers will stop Griffin, either, but I doubt the Redskins will stop Ben Roethlisberger very often, either.

12. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

Warren Moon thinks criticism of Newton is racially motivated.

A Mike Silver Production.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--hall-of-fame-qb-says-criticism-of-cam-newton-s-demeanor-is-valid--though-he-believes-race-is-a-factor.html

Draft saved Draft deleted