1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8: Cade McNown's parking spot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 23, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Bucs-Vikings kick it off Thursday.

On Sunday ...

Can the Steelers stop RG3?

Can the Cowboys sweep the Giants?

Can the Saints contain Peyton?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

haha - re McNown's parking spot.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

A rare mediocre game on Thursday...

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Fucking McNown.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I was pretty high on Ponder, but he's been awful the past two weeks. Having said that, if the Bucs somehow slow Peterson, I doubt they can slow Harvin. Tampa is not getting a career game from Josh Freeman two weeks in a row. Vikings win a bad game 22-17.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The story of Chris Cooley's comeback.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/10/23/the-story-of-chris-cooleys-comeback-as-told-by-cooley/

Some highlights:

To NBC Washington: “I sat and waited for the call, and I’m like “I hope they call.” It was like, ninth-grade or eighth-grade basketball — ‘am I gonna make the team’ call. And I’m laying there like, ‘C’mon. Just gimme a call. Tell me I can come back.’ And coach called about 7:30.”

To the Junkies: “I’ve had so many people text, ‘How’d the physical go?’ Literally, you go into the training room, and the doctor’s like ‘How are you feeling, man? Good? Good. Okay, you passed.’

“Literally, I have text correspondence trying to negotiate a case of beer into my contract. They wouldn’t do it. I wanted it in writing so much.”

Love that guy.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Eh, even as a fanboi, I realize the Vikings are not as good as their record. They've had just about a dream schedule so far, and that will get tougher down the road (Bears and Packers twice each, at Houston, etc.)

Still 5-2 on the way to 7-9 or 8-8 is a huge improvement over last season and preseason expectations. Ponder's just a second-year player, so I totally expect him to be up and down. But the ups have been better than expected.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I love the shitty ex-Bear QB theme of these threads.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Agreed. Vince Evans was too accomplished for this thread. Good call on McNown.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I almost pulled the trigger on Evans, but I went with the white guy instead. [/tauntingdrip]

McNown was awesome in his first start, I believe against the Vikings, but that literally was his peak. I think he had a game later in that season in which he threw 3 TDs to Marcus Robinson (against the Lions maybe?). In between and forever more, though, he was a dog.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Next week is gonna be tough. McMahon? Wade? Matthews?

12. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

This game might even get better ratings than the World Series.

Draft saved Draft deleted