1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7: Where have you gone, Bert Jones?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Since when did Berman become an expert on anything? All he's good for is nauseating the public. Used to like his Primetime calls, but now they're just annoying.

2. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

I wonder, though, does Joe Fan (or Joe The Plumber) like that stuff still? Or does Berman just have such clout at the WWL that he's allowed to do anything he wants?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is it confidence in his line or does he just not have a good feel for how much time an NFL quarterback has to throw? The guy still doesn't have much experience. I wonder if he is getting better or is that team strong enough to make him look good against weaker opponents.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

I think it's the latter, but I've been out of touch with regular Joe Fan for a while now.

5. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Me too. Which is why I think Joe Fan may still love that stuff. Because you'd think they'd do surveys and stuff and say, "Hey, dumbass ... knock it off." Right?

6. Tommy_Dreamer

As if ESPN listens to Joe Fan anymore. But I do agree with you that I think Joe Fan does still love his schtick.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I'm guessing Rodney played his final game last night.

Maybe they'll sign John Lynch back?

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

It's almost like a reality show now...Who Wants To Win the AFC West?

9. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

He's not scrambling as much as he used to. I think it's confidence. Then again, he's played behind that line since the preseason, and it's not the worst line in the world.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Was watching the game with a buddy last night, and I said the exact same thing to him after seeing the replay of Harrison's knee. Between that and Harrison's expression on the cart, I think he knew it, too.
    Guys that age don't come back from tearing every ligament in their knee.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The answer to that question, obviously, is not the Chiefs. Forget getting voted off the island. They hijacked the plane and flew it into a mountain before the show started.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

If I had any money, I'd bet it all on the Chargers winning the AFC West. By default. At 9-7, tops.

Draft saved Draft deleted