1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 15, 2013.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

W/O the penalty they'd of had time to spike it.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's only going to get worse. Maybe once a bigger star gets his knee blown out, the league will take notice.

That said, I'd have no problem with the NFL crackdown on blows to the head if the league did as much to hold teams accountable for failing to protect players with concussions as it does to hold players accountable.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It would have been close. And that doesn't address the question. Why no 10-second runoff?

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

This isn't something I'm 100% sure on. My memory, which might be wrong, is that the general rule for penalties at any time of the game is that if the clock was running on the snap of the play there was a penalty on, it's running after the penalty. If it was stopped (like by an INC) before the snap of the play there was a penalty on, it's stopped after the penalty. Since the snap of the play the penalty came on came with the clock stopped, the clock is stopped after the penalty, and so runoff rules don't apply.

But this is just pure guesswork.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

6-1. Best defense in the NFL.

6. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

I'd still take KC's defense before Seattle's.

7. Bodie_Broadus

You're insane.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that. I think it's there are certain procedural penalties (false start being the obvious example) where the offensive team would intentionally do it to its own benefit. That's what the 10-second runoff addresses.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And Richard Sherman, Sportsman of the Year. Totally not a showboating douche like Manziel.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Best CB in the league.

11. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

... is Patrick Peterson, Aqib Talib or Alterraun Verner?

12. Bodie_Broadus

You really don't know shit about football. Maybe Peterson is on his level, maybe. But Talib and Verner?

Come on.

Draft saved Draft deleted