1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 15, 2013.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The highlight has to be P. Manning going back to Indy, right?

There are some dreadful games: Vikes/Giants on MNF; Ravens/Steelers; Bucs/Falcons.

I'd love to see the Chiefs continue to go undefeated.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Don't forget Cowboys at Eagles for first place in the NFC East! (both teams are 3-3)

But all-in-all, sounds like a good day to work in the yard.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Chiefs' next three: vs. Houston, vs. Cleveland, at Buffalo.

They could be 9-0 heading into the Broncos game. I think that's the first week of flex scheduling, but I have to believe CBS used one of its vetoes on that one.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think the Chiefs and Broncos play twice in a three-week span.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hate when that happens. I've always thought there should be at least four weeks between games... Sometimes it works out when both games are at the very end of the season, but sometimes you have two teams and they've played both games before the season hits the halfway point.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think that ever happens anymore, by design. The schedule is intentionally back-loaded for division showdowns. There are only three teams that have played three division games so far, and all play the second matchup in the back half of the schedule, almost all of the games in the final month.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, bad scheduling and not that hard to fix. Play one meeting before the end of October and the rematch in the final four weeks. Teams change as the season evolves.

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

CBS has already protected both Broncos-Chiefs games. So not going to be flexed.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Little known odd fact: Peyton Manning's father (Archie) and Andrew Luck's father (Oliver) were teammates on the 1983 Houston Oilers. The team went 2-14 with Manning and Luck combining to throw 10 TD passes and 21 interceptions. So much for bloodlines.

Manning and Luck started a combined 9 games for the 1983 Oilers. Trivia: Who was the third quarterback who started the other seven games that season?

10. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Yet we get Jets-Pats twice in the first half of the season.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Gifford Nielsen

12. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Just watch the game on Thursday and call it a week.

That's my plan.

Draft saved Draft deleted