1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7 Thread: The Tim Worley-Dirley Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 15, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To be fair, it was Russell Wilson who beat him out.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yes, that's true. But it also speaks to the "give backup franchise starter money because he had a few good games" fallacy. Flynn was beaten out by a rookie in training camp.

3. outofplace

I agree, and if he was really that good, he would have gotten to be a starter elsewhere. I'm just saying, in fairness, we should remember that the rookie Wilson.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yeah, he wasn't beaten out by say, Mariota. And it's to the credit of Carroll and the Seahawks they were willing to make that decision. Many franchises would've gone with the sunk cost fallacy instead.

HappyCurmudgeon and sgreenwell like this.
  5. outofplace

That is a good point. I remember how surprising it was that they didn't start Flynn after giving him all that money, then Wilson started showing everybody why that was such a good choice.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Randy Vataha says hi from California.

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

"Hell if I know" -- Rob Johnson

sgreenwell and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Ryan Fitzpatrick has made a career out of doing this.

9. Guess that's why you don't run QB sneaks.

Never happens to Brady, though.

The Broncos O-line looks terrible. Even Elite Joe Flacco looks pedestrian.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I always feel like Scott Mitchell gets unfairly crapped on. They did make the playoffs twice in three years with him starting every game, and he had a couple of good years statistically. Their offense in 1995 was insane, and they just happened to run face first into a buzzsaw in the wild card game. He wasn't the second coming of Joe Montana, but he wasn't the total bust people make him out to be, either.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Kneecap dislocation.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

2-4 weeks.
    Relax.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted