1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7 thread: "I will not die on Taysom Hill"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 18, 2018.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it yet. Tucker is a bit of a talker, so it's good to see him stand up when he fails, too.

As you might imagine, there is a certain amount of glee regarding that game on the Steelers message board I frequent. Tucker is not well liked there, though he certainly made me happy yesterday. :)

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I had Baltimore -2.5 and that might drive me into a (brief) gambling sabbatical. No guarantee they win in OT, of course, but I wasn't even looking at the TV for that extra point. Who would, it's Justin Tucker?!

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Just before he kicked it, I noticed he was kicking from the 24.

When did the 31 yard extra point become the 34 yard extra point?

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I feel like we were so close to seeing a team with four ties that I'm really disappointed. And I'm a Browns fan. A 6-6-4 team would be so sweet. I'd be so proud.

Batman likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I put a couple bucks on the Browns under 6 wins for the season back in August so I am loving this.

Hermes likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The Browns very easily could have won on Sunday, but they kept shooting themselves in the foot every time they appeared to be on the verge of doing something good. In a few years the Browns might have the best quarterback in that division. What that gets them, who knows?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

TigerVols and heyabbott like this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A new Head Coach?

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don't know who it is, but I'm sure Dorsey already has in mind who he wants to hire for that job. It's suddenly a pretty attractive place to coach. Young talented quarterback, Pro Bowl pass rusher, Pro Bowl cornerback. Pretty good building blocks for somebody who isn't Hue Jackson.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yes, some folks at the WaPo haven't watched enough SNF. Or MNF when Al was there. Sometimes he's the only reason to keep watching, just to catch the reference. "And this one's over ... though to some, it has long been over."

Draft saved Draft deleted