1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7 Running Thread: Roethlisberger Returns?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Oct 20, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Seriously? There's no thread yet for Week 7?

Another game in London. Sadly, I'm no longer enough of a football junkie to want to watch the extra early game, certainly not with Buffalo playing Jacksonville.

Ben Roethlisberger will try to make a full return to practice Wednesday. If all goes well, he may play for the Steelers Sunday in Kansas City. If not, Landry Jones likely gets his first NFL start with Michael Vick also injured.

Jets at Patriots looks interesting. So does Eagles at Panthers Sunday night.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I was traveling all day.

3. I doubt Ben plays. I don't think he can move that well. And I assume the Chiefs still have a pretty stout pass rush. Stick with Jones and hope you can hang on for a win.

Rooting the Jets to break NE.
    Saints Colts should be good and I love the Ravens-Cardinals MNF game. The free fall continues for the Ravens.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't think Roethlisberger plays, either. One more week to be sure seems prudent.

The problem is what they do for a backup behind Jones because it sure seems like Vick won't be available and I can't see them having Roethlisberger active if he can't start.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Ty-ler Mur-phy! Clap, clap! Clap, clap, clap!

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Whew.......glad we got this settled.

Cam Heyward of Pittsburgh Steelers , NFL reach deal over eye black

Thought this part was interesting as well....

Heyward's camp pointed out to the league via conference call that Devon Still was not fined last year for wearing "Leah" and Strong" under his eyes during games, an honor to his daughter, Leah Still, in her fight with pediatric cancer.

7. The NFL inconsistent with its fines and penalties?
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

8. Mr. Sunshine

I don't care who starts for the Steelers as long as Brown gets back into the offense. Such a dynamic player. Not as fun when he's not involved.

9. Mr. Sunshine

I assume the Seahawks will get their shit together this week against the Niners, although I've been assuming that for a month. I would LOVE to see them lose and fall to last place in the division.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I wouldn't assume that. I thought it would be last weekend against Carolina. They aren't close to the team they have been over the last few years.

11. Mr. Sunshine

They have owned Kaepernick the last few meetings. If he has success against them, then that defense is officially fucked.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The Kaepernick vs play clock vs 2015 Seahawks defense battle will be entertaining.

The play clock will be the only one of the three not pointing fingers.

Draft saved Draft deleted