1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7: John Elway's not horsing around

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll take Rivers over Eli.

I'll also take Coughlin over Norv.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Chargers got the better quarterback and multiple high draft picks, one of which they used on Shawne Merriman. Maybe saying it was the best thing ever to happen to them is overstating the matter a bit, but they were certainly better off because Manning refused to go there.

3. Mizzougrad96

The Chargers also got Kaeding in that trade, or the pick they used on Kaeding, who playoff woes aside, was a pretty damn good kicker...

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You also didn't think much of Rodgers at one point because he hadn't won a playoff game. Are you Colin Cowherd?

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Which is Eli's biggest advantage in winning games. I can't believe management in San Diego allow Turner to continue coaching. With a team as close as the Chargers have been you would have thought they would have gone out and gotten somebody who can coach.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think in hindsight, giving up on Drew Brees, and thus missing out on drafting Larry Fitz, looks just as bad.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/21/olin-kreutz-leaves-saints/

Wow. Strange end to a pretty good career.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions take a step back now. Best generally sucked as an every-down back, but at least he had the big-play ability to occasionally keep defenses honest. I think teams will now be more effective in going after Stafford and neutralizing Johnson.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Well, it looks like for once Jerry Angelo got it right.

11. Mizzougrad96

That's usually what happens with the older offensive linemen. A older big-name player gets cut or is let go. Fans go nuts and the GM is later proven right...

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Reminds me of the time the Bears cut Jay Hilgenberg. Olbermann led in to the story with, "Oh, the humanity." Classic line.

Draft saved Draft deleted