1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7: John Elway's not horsing around

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 19, 2011.

1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Montana > Elway > Brady. Throw in Johnny U. and that's pretty much the top of the list.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

McNabb playing the I'm Shocked I Was Benched card again. Wake up, Donovan, it's over.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Nah, we'll have a great thread this week. Then, standing on a balcony in a Miami hotel room overlooking the ocean, we'll decide it's time to retire the thread name. No NFL thread for the next 15 years will come close to being as good.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If they want to look stupider than the Raiders.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Shanahan deserves a good amount of credit, as well as T Davis. But Shanahan was pretty good at designing that offense, especially the zone blocking. For a while it seemed like anyone they used could run for a 1,000.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Seriously? Of course it is an opinion. Read my response to OOP. I'm going
    to go plan my autoerotic asphyxiation death to John Elway videos now. Jesus.

8. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

So, Terrelle Pryor is going to try to kill him to become the No. 2?

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Actually have a funny story about Elway.

1999 Sprint International: The week after Tiger won the PGA at Medina. Tiger was there, Phil, Sergio, Els.......great field.

Also, it was very soon after Elway announced his retirement. I'm following Els' group around, get done with the round, and someone who was walking by me on the way to the car park says "Shit......there's Elway"......turn and look and about 30 paces away was Elway......always liked Elway, so I politely go and ask him to sign my Titleist hat.

Well, he signs my hat, and before you know it, you have a mob-scene......Elway is a God among men in the state of Colorado.....His lovely wife/whore Janet is drunk out of her mind......starts yelling at the crowd around John...."WHY CAN"T YOU PEOPLE LEAVE US ALONE......." John turns and mouths the words to her "SHUT THE FUCK UP"

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Elway is the most talented QB I've ever seen. Montana is the best.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I got bitched at years ago on this board for trying to explain to people the Elway love in Colorado.

And in my interactions with him, he seemed to be a first class person. It was also the first time I ever heard the football whistle.

It is staggering just how naturally big and broad chested he is. Just a freaking hoss.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Harbaugh Brothers 9-2.
    Ryan Brothers 5-6.

Jack Harbaugh > Buddy Ryan

Draft saved Draft deleted