1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7: John Elway's not horsing around

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 19, 2011.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Last week Elway was the subject of the CFB thread, this week he's the subject of the NFL thread. Going for three straight next week?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At least some of the posters are different. Some of us post a lot more the NFL thread than on the college ones.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Coming soon: the Week 7 overpriced car dealers thread.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Quite frankly, there can never be enough John Elway-themed threads as far as I'm concerned. Best QB of all time. Not an opinion.

:D

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Yeah, but what do you think of Brian "Greasy"?

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

He fell down a lot. Hurt self. Blamed dog. Probably drunk. Definitely a waste.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Wouldn't Elway have matured in the same manner no matter who was the coach, as long as the guy wasn't an idiot like Del Rio or McDaniels?

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Likely. My main argument was Reeves didn't somehow hold him back from being as good as Marino. He held himself back with Ints

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Not only is Rex Ryan the bestest coach ever and guar-an-damn-teeing a Super Bowl this year, he would have won two others in an alternate universe in San Diego.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/rex_would_have_had_super_bowl_rings_j6JhMUcEzEjsUVRdFLT8hI

Of course he called Norv a couple of minutes later to "clarify" his remarks. I really can't wait for this Ryan show to implode. Everything was hunky dory when they were winning, but with a losing streak they already have teammates calling each other out and now this.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, it is the very definition of an opinion. :)

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yeah, I know, OOP.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yes, it is an opinion. Yours. Mine is Montana or Brady.

Draft saved Draft deleted