1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7: John Elway's not horsing around

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 19, 2011.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Being totally serious. From a viewing perspective, it's a bad ballpark. People go for the area and the "history," but it may be the worst park in baseball if you want a good watching-the-game experience.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Wrigley was by far the best of the prewar stadiums in terms of accessibility, amenities, comfort, etc etc. and has never been allowed to rot as most of its original classmates (Tiger, Comiskey, Original Yankee, etc etc) eventually were as the owners lobbied for new parks.

But the basic structure was built in 1914. It can't compare to parks built 80 years later.

In point of comparison, New Comiskey was a pain in the ass until the major renovations in the early 2000s. As the new generation of HOK parks get 10 and 20 years old, they will each undergo some renovations, remodelings, etc etc. which will give them some distinctive personalities.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The only time I was in Wrigley was a sunny Saturday afternoon in June.

The top row of the stadium is still a decent seat (I did not sit there, but I walked the park), the women were really freaking hot, the crowd was into the game and the area around the stadium was fun as shit.

I can see how people would say PNC, Camden or where the Giants play is nicer, but Wrigley does not suck. That's cannot be argued by the sane.

4. 93Devil

In Italian, Flacco means to shit in bed.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Well, you're not among them, so point taken.

6. 93Devil

I do have to thank Joe, though, for some of my favorite football moments of, well, my life.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Devil, you can't walk Wrigley without going into its bowels and traversing the stadium's underbelly. Are you sure you weren't at another stadium?

8. 93Devil

I was at the trough, or piss river, but I could care less about food at a game.

I want good sight lines, a good crowd and good weather.

All I need is a guy walking by selling hot dogs and another one selling beer, and I am happy. I don't need a meal at a game. And when I leave, good bars would be nice, and Wrigley has all of those.

Sure, the seats are tight, but I grew up going to a concrete bowl in Three Rivers. Wrigley is just fine, but PNC is better.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I didn't say anything about food.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

This has turned into the bitch Stewie of football threads.

Did you guys talk football on the football thread like I asked you to?
    No but I hit it with a rock!

11. 93Devil

Since I take so much shit around here for the winning logic.

Beck never won a game. Rex beat the Giants later in the season, who, IIRC, won the Super Bowl, again, with Eli as the QB.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted