1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7: John Elway's not horsing around

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 19, 2011.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

OK, we're roughly 96.75 hours from the start of the Tebow era. I still don't believe he possesses the skills to succeed as an NFL quarterback, but I really, really hope he does. The Dolphins are a good matchup, so I suspect he'll have a decent game. It also will be interesting to see how many Tebow jerseys grace the stands in Miami.

In related news, the man who made John Elway a Hall of Fame quarterback is in the news this week, as Mike Shanahan will start John Beck over Rex Grossman against the Panthers. I think Beck is an upgrade, if for no other reason than he won't turn the ball over in waves. But the Redskins are done. They'll finish last in the East.

Otherwise, the games themselves kind of suck. The best matchup is probably Chargers-Jets, Lions-Falcons or Raiders-Chiefs if Palmer plays.

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I didn't know Dan Reeves was in the news?

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Hell, Elway's numbers would be in Marino territory if Reeves hadn't been his coach for a decade.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Elway was a hall of famer before he ever met Shanahan. Shanahan took him from a Hall of Famer to one of the best five (IMO) of all-time.

I want Tebow to do well. I find him a lot more likable in the NFL as kind of an underdog than I did when he was at Florida, where they were trying to turn him into a deity.

There's no doubt in my mind that the Dolphins are tanking.

5. Mizzougrad96

This is very true as well.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You realize I'm joking, right? Mr. Quarterback Guru Shanahan is turning to a guy with about 12 minutes of game experience to save what was a promising season three days ago and is now quickly becoming a disaster.

7. Can Carson Palmer be ready to play on Sunday?

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Miami is having some kind of ceremony honoring UF before the game so I'm sure there will be plenty of rednecks in blue 15 jerseys and jhorts running around Joe Robbie.

9. Mizzougrad96

Shanahan's problem is that he thinks he can take any QB and do for him what he did for Elway.

Elway was a HOF QB who was being criminally misused by Reeves. Shanahan, to his credit, used Elway correctly and got him two rings.

10. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I feel as if Sunday Night has become the marquee night for football the past few years. Just seems like the biggest game is on Sundays now.

11. Mizzougrad96

The rest will be back in Gainesvegas masturbating on the Tebow statue.

12. Mizzougrad96

That's the way it's supposed to be since NBC got the Sunday night game...

Draft saved Draft deleted