1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7: Generic QB number, generic thread title, generic team name

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 21, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Jets are going to make that a moot point.

2. outofplace

The Browns already have four wins. They aren't getting the No. 1 overall pick. I also don't think they are imploding just because they got their asses kicked once. They were blown out in the opener, too, by the Ravens. They then won four in a row. More importantly, they still have the Bengals, Giants, and Jets on the remaining schedule. I think they can win at least eight games.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Didn't think they were in the running for #1. They just seem like the lone team on the docket that could lay a huge turd and allow the Jets to stumble into a win.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

I would think so, but the Jets...damn.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Lawrence, obviously.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If the Jets have the pick and Gase is still the HC - no way you go to the Jets. Don't know what is more damning, Darnolds struggles or Tannehill's resurgence since getting away from Miami.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

Looking forward to Darnold's Jim Plunkett second chapter winning two Super Bowls for the Steelers after Roethlisberger retires.

8. outofplace

I see. I misread your point. I guess it's possible, but I don't think the Browns are quite that bad. The Jets truly are a disaster.

9. outofplace

I like that scenario. :)

I assume you meant it as a joke, but I'd actually love to see them acquire Darnold as his replacement. I certainly don't think Mason Rudolph is going to get it done. I still think Darnold could be a good quarterback in the right system. I just don't see it happening with the Jets.

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Lawrence. Younger, cheaper. Look at all the recent Super Bowl champions with QB's on their rookie contract.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm kind of surprised when people are surprised about USC QBs track record of flaming out in the Pros. Carson Palmer was probably the most successful. The talent disparity a QB enjoys at SC makes them look better than they are and they don't develop the skills they'll need to succeed on a bad team.
    Leinart, Barkley, Sanchez, Booty, Marinovich, Rob Johnson, Rodney Peete. Haden...

Maybe Matt Cassell's "success" in the NFL is attributed to coaching the scouting team against the SC defense?

12. DanielSimpsonDay

For once, I actually mean something. I don't think he's as bad as he's looked and him becoming a championship QB would be the pinnacle of the Gase Freedom Boost.

Draft saved Draft deleted